Sunday, October 14, 2012


Ch. 15 - Retailing

 

Sephora stores are owned by Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH), the world's leading luxury goods group. Sephora operates approximately 1,300 stores in 27 countries worldwide, with an expanding base of over 300 stores across North America. I recently visited Sephora in Union Square Manhattan and it was a delightful experience the staff was very friendly and helpful. The sales associate/ makeup artist, all wore black this is the color of their uniform because Sephora wants the make up vibrant colors to stand out on the staff. I did not feel hovered over at all, I was given my space to browse the store and if I had a question the sales associate/ makeup artist was always willing to help.The store had a lot of shoppers, a lot of enthusiastic women eyeing the products they wanted to purchase.  The store was quite spacious and well organized; it had a very light airy feel to it not clustered at all. The store was well lit, and the color theme was basically the classic black and white, no bright and abrasive colors. 


There were a huge variety of high end brands of makeup and skin care to choose from. Some of the brands that are available for purchase are Makeup- Forever, Urban Decay, Too Faced, Bobbi Brown and Stilla just to name a few . There were testers for all the products in the store complete with sanitary stations at every display. The main focus of the store was their “Beauty Station” where I could see women getting makeovers, I could see makeup artists explaining how to use the products and giving the customer their individual attention. The store had approximately 20+ employees, I would say a bit understaffed, based on the amount of women waiting in line to get their makeup done at the beauty station.


Overall it was a wonderful shopping experience, I frequent Sephora stores a lot especially the stores located in Queens and I can say that it is always a pleasure shopping there. The staffs are always very helpful and kind, never fussy or arrogant. Sephora never disappoints, they anticipate their customers every needs and I am truly a satisfied customer.



No comments:

Post a Comment